Not every trend impacts you equally, but it’s important to remember they’re still influencing your customers’ expectations.
1. Customers prefer businesses that are green and socially responsible.
Customers are increasingly looking to patronize businesses that follow sustainable, green and socially responsible practices. As Gallup reported earlier this year, younger customers of the millennial and Gen Z generations are especially concerned about such values.
Some of the ways you can demonstrate your commitment in these areas include:
- Use local products as much as possible. For example, restaurants and food-based businesses can source foods from local farms.
- Minimize packaging. Stores should encourage customers to use their own bags. Use recyclable materials for packaging.
- Use green cleaning products.
- Patronize green vendors and services.
2. Customer reviews will be more important than ever.
Online reviews are not a new trend, but they are becoming more crucial all the time. Customers trust reviews over ads or any other content businesses create themselves. It’s absolutely essential to have your business listed on sites such as Google My Business, Yelp and others that are relevant to your business.
The best way to get positive reviews is to provide great products and customer service. Beyond that, it helps to nudge your customers and gently remind them to leave reviews — whether you do this in person or via email or social media.
Read More at https://www.inc.com/young-entrepreneur-council/5-small-business-trends-to-leverage-in-2020.html